Studio work

Studio work can be view by going to
www.fabulousfoodfotos.com

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

PIG OUT! The Pig BBQ & Pub

 
The Pig BBQ & Pub
1139 W Winnemucca
Winnemucca, NV 89445
Phone: (775) 623-4104
Maybe I should start out with the sauces first.
1. Spicy sauce- Spicy with peppery sweet with a nice kick in the background
2. Regular- Tangy sweet, this is the right sauce for people who like the tang of spice but not the heat.
3. Honey- sweet with a clove taste in the middle and tang in the back half.

Now for the entrée
As I look at the menu, there were so many things to choose from. I wasn’t sure that I wanted to get ribs, chicken, pork so many choices. Then I ran across the pork tacos, I thought they sounded a bit twisty, pork BBQ tacos. As most of you know I am a sucker for food with a twist. The BBQ sauce that I mentioned above were all on the table ready for you to use the one you like the best or all of them, like I did. I think one of the smartest things restaurants with messy food can do is put a roll of paper towels on the table, and there they were. Everything was perfect for a food grub get down! And grub we did!
The pork was smoked, but not heavy like others I have had. Topped with pico de gallo, all in a flour tortilla. This dish did not disappoint! It was tender and tasty; the pico de gallo was a nice compliment to the BBQ sauce that was added. The dish also came along with a salad; I ordered mine with Honey mustard, because for some reason I had that flavor in my mind all day. These tacos were so good that I had to write about them. It’s a shame that I live so far away from this Pig Joint because I would be a frequent visitor if I were closer.


1 comment: