Studio work

Studio work can be view by going to
www.fabulousfoodfotos.com

Monday, August 20, 2012

The Buttery in Santa Cruz, CA


The Buttery
Santa Cruz, CA

This is a very cute place that is not only a bakery, the also serve sandwiches, salads and coffee.  I had asked my niece to bake me a birthday cake, but we ran out of time so, my sister in law suggested getting a cake from the Buttery, I went along because everyone in the family was raving about this place.
We went in and the smell of the place was just delightful. The cases were full of beautiful cakes, cookies, cupcakes and tarts.  My sister in law was meeting a client there, so I took the kids and we picked out some tasty treats, I picked pecan sandie (one of my favorites) my niece got a chocolate dream cupcake and my nephew got a chocolate chip cookie (he’s five, so that is standard for the kid). The kids gobbled them down so quick I couldn’t get a picture, but I took a picture of the pecan sandie. After a few images were taken it was time for a taste test, can I say OMG! This is the BEST pecan sandie I have EVER had! It was the right amount of salt and sugar together, the cookie was full of pecans and the small swirl of dark chocolate frosting on top was just the right touch!!! WINNER!
After we finished our goodies, we had to go back to the counter for my birthday cake and something for my brother (he seems to be left out when we go out and about, so I called him to get an order). He ordered an oatmeal raisin and white macadamia nut cookies Picking my birthday cake was hard, the hard some many to choose from, I ended up picking devil’s food cake, with chocolate ganache and strawberries, topped with whip cream icing. Holy crap, this was one rich cake, it was a sweet tooth killer! It took us a couple of days to finish the cake but it was still good on the second day! I had to give you a view of one piece verses the whole cake because I smashed the top by accident when putting it in the cooler for the ride home.

If your ever in Santa Cruz, you should stop by and try something from this place! Two thumbs up!




No comments:

Post a Comment